no englannista suomeksi
Not any possibility or allowance of (doing something).
Not (a); not properly, not really; not fully.
not, not at all
(ngd)'' and ''(l)'', and idiomatically before other comparatives.
1725, (w), ''An essay on the history and reality of apparitions''
- AS the ''Devil'' is not so Black as he is Painted, so neither does he appear in so many Shapes as we make for him; we Dress him up in more Suits of Cloaths, and more Masquerade Habits, than ever he wore; and I question much, if he was to see the Pictures and Figures which we call ''Devil'', whether he would know himself by some of them or no.
not, does not, do not, etc.
a negating expression; an answer that shows disagreement, denial, refusal, or disapproval
a vote not in favor, or opposing a proposition
(only) just; barely (gloss)
not, main negation marker
(alternative form of)
(ngd); isn't it so, right
(cln) nine; 9
(it is) only(R:Benson1964)
''(l).'' - One who does not travel says only his/her mother's cooking is good.
1st century BC, (w), ''De rerum natura'' iii. 479.
- Cum vini vis penetravit,
- Consequitur gravitas membrorum, præpediuntur
- Crura vacillanti, tardescit lingua, madet mens,
- Nant oculi, clamor, sigultis, jurgia gliscunt. --
- : When once the force of wine hath inly pierst,
- : Limbes-heavinesse is next, legs faine would goe,
- : But reeling cannot, tongue drawles, mindes disperst,
- : Eyes swime, ciries, hickups, brables grow.
(alternative spelling of).
after (in time)
after (in a sequence)
used when finding something out; when being irritated
indeed, then, now
(quote-book) wróciwszy z kluczem na posłanie. — Niech mnie licho porwie, jeśli cię puszczę — musisz zostać z nami. — O! figle! no! no! daj no klucza, rzekł śmiejąc się Alexy, daj no, serce, klucza! daj!|t=(nb..) having returned with the key. "Goddamn it, if I let you go, you'll have to stay with us." "Oh! Jokes! Cmon! Cmon! Cmon, give the key!" Alex said laughing. "Cmon, heart, give the key!"
(senseid) (contraction of)
- Está na hora de testarmos os nossos talentos no mundo real, você não acha?
- : It's time to test our talents in the real world, don't you think?
than (=(l), (l))
→ (= modern) (ux)
(abbreviation of); no.
to be of harm; to be damaging
''Han no int''
“He suffers not”: There is no emergency for him.