cold englannista suomeksi
Having a low temperature.
(RQ:Dickens Christmas Carol)
Causing the air to be cold.
Feeling the sensation of coldness, especially to the point of discomfort.
2011 April 23, (w), series 6, episode 1, (w):
- RIVER SONG (upon seeing the still-living DOCTOR, moments after he made her and two other friends watch what they thought was his death): This is cold. Even by your standards, this is cold.
Completely unprepared; without introduction.
Perfectly, exactly, completely; by heart.
Cornered, done for.
(RQ:Bacon Sylva Sylvaru)
- cold plants
Unexciting; dull; uninteresting.
- What a deal of cold business doth a man misspend the better part of life in!
- The jest grows cold(..)when it comes on in a second scene.
Affecting the sense of smell (as of hunting dogs) only feebly; having lost its odour.
Not sensitive; not acute.
Having a bluish effect; not warm in colour.
Rarely used or accessed, and thus able to be relegated to slower storage.
''I can't believe she said that...that was cold!''
Not radioactive. (defdate)
1953, K. Dick|Philip K. Dick, "That's right," Jackson said. "The Old Man will be pleased to welcome you." There was eagerness in his reedy voice. "What do you say? We'll take care of you. Feed you, bring you ''cold'' plants and animals. For a week maybe?"”, in ''Planet for Transients'', a short story published in Fantastic Universe magazine: Oct-Nov 1953. Page 64
A condition of low temperature.
A harsh place; a place of abandonment.
''The former politician was left out in the cold after his friends deserted him.''
1994, Notorious B.I.G., https://genius.com/The-notorious-big-warning-lyrics ''Warning''
- Who the fuck is this, pagin' me at 5:46 in the morning? / crack of dawn and now I'm yawnin' / wipe the cold out my eye, see who's this pagin' me and why
1996, Ghostface Killah, https://genius.com/Ghostface-killah-all-that-i-got-is-you-lyrics ''All That I Got Is You''
- But I remember this, moms would lick her finger tips / to wipe the cold out my eye before school with her spit
While at low temperature.
''The steel was processed cold.''
''The speaker went in cold and floundered for a topic.''
''I knocked him out cold.''
1986, Run-DMC, ''Peter Piper.''
- ''Now Little Bo Peep cold lost her sheep / And Rip van Winkle fell the hell asleep''
having a tendency to be cold
cold-feeling, cold when touched, cooled, chilly
lifeless, having the pallor of death
Considered to be alchemically cold
The feeling of coldness or chill