not englannista suomeksi
''‘Do they know?’ ‘I believe not’'' (formal)
1973 November 17, (w), :I'm not a crook|Orlando press conference:
- People have got to know whether or not their of the United States|president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I've earned everything I've got.
1991, (w), ''Liar (novel)|The Liar'', p. 59:
- The sound of (w) singing '(w)' had started up in a room the other side of the court. Adrian slammed the window shut.‘That'll teach you to throw things out of the window,’ said Gary.‘It'll teach me ''not'' to throw things out of the window.’
1998 January 26, (w), did not have sex with that woman|White House press conference:
- I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Lewinsky|Miss Lewinsky.
2016, VOA Learning English (public domain)
- Oh, Pete. This is not the gym. — That’s right, Anna. This is the mailroom.
- : (audio)
''Not knowing any better, I went ahead.''
To no degree.
''That day was not the best day of my life.''
''It was not my favorite movie of all time.''
''In the not too distant future my view on the matter might be not a million miles away from yours''.
''I wanted a plate of shrimp, not a bucket of chicken.''
''He painted the car blue and black, not solid purple.''
''I really like hanging out with my little brother watching ''Barney''... not!''
''Sure, you're perfect the way you are... not!''
(contraction of) (l) to (l).
(RQ:Chaucer Canterbury) (attention)
- I noot which was the fairer of hem two
dry wind from the south
(alternative form of) to swim
(l), a character, variously formed, to indicate the length of a tone, and variously placed upon the staff to indicate its pitch.
(apocopic form of)
a short message; note.
a formal message from a country to another country’s embassy.
a short message; note