score englannista suomeksi
antaa arvosana, arvostella
asioiden tila, tosiasiat
saada pisteitä, tehdä pisteitä
The performance of an individual or group on an examination or test, expressed by a number, letter, or other symbol; a grade.
(quote-journal)| title=Travels and travails| passage=Even without hovering drones, a lurking assassin, a thumping score and a denouement, the real-life story of Edward Snowden, a rogue spy on the run, could be straight out of the cinema. But, as with Hollywood, the subplots and exotic locations may distract from the real message: America’s discomfort and its foes’ glee.
2005, (w), ''Sophist''. Translation by Lesley Brown. pagination|245e.
- Well, although we haven't discussed the views of all those who make precise reckonings of being and not being, we've done enough on that score.
Account; reason; motive; sake; behalf.
- But left the trade, as many more / Have lately done on the same score.
(RQ:Dryden The Indian Emperou)
- You act your kindness on Cydria's score.
A notch or incision; especially, one that is made as a tally mark; hence, a mark, or line, made for the purpose of account.
(RQ:Shakespeare Henry 6-2)
An account or reckoning; account of dues; bill; debt.
a criminal act, especially:
(quote-book)|title=(w)| chapter=Foreword| url=http://openlibrary.org/works/OL2004261W| passage=A very neat old woman, still in her good outdoor coat and best beehive hat, was sitting at a polished mahogany table on whose surface there were several scored scratches so deep that a triangular piece of the veneer had come cleanly away, ….
To obtain something desired.
- "Of course it would be hypocritical for me to pretend that I regret what Abraham did. After all, I've scored by it."
To achieve (a score) in e.g. a test.
2004, Diane McGuinness, ''Early reading instruction: what science really tells us about how to teach reading''
- At the end of first grade, the children scored 80 percent correct on this test, a value that remained unchanged through third grade.
To extract a bribe.
To obtain a sexual favor.
To provide (a film, etc.) with a musical score.
1974, ''New York Magazine'' (volume 7, number 45, page 98)
- ''Godfather II'' is nothing like ready. It is not yet scored, and thus not mixed. There remain additional shooting, looping, editing.
Acknowledgement of success
A (l), a (l) of (l) earned.
(l) a goal/point
persuade (someone) to have sex with oneself (defdate)
score (in a sport, game)
to (l) (q)