fit englannista suomeksi
(RQ:King James Version)
Adapted to a purpose or environment.
In good shape; physically well.
(quote-song)|album=A Grand Don't Come for Free|artist=The Streets|year=2004|passage=I think you are really fit / You're fit but my gosh don't you know it.
(RQ:Fairfax Godfrey of Bulloign)
- So fit to shoot, she singled forth among her foes who first her quarry's strength should feel.
To be suitable for.
1918, Richard Dennis Teall Hollister, ''Speech-making'', publ. George Wahr, pg. 81:
- The speaker should be certain that his subject fits the occasion.
2016 February 2, (w) & al., https://vine.co/v/iJAlIziXMKv ''Jimmy Kimmel Live!''
- Even though in a way you let him freeze to death in the water, because the way I see it...I agree. y'know|Y'know, I think he actually could have fitted on that bit of door.There was plenty of room on the raft.I know. I know, I know.
To make conform in size and shape.
To tailor; to change to the appropriate size.
To be in agreement with.
(quote-book)|isbn=9780199258925|date=14 October 2004|url=https://books.google.co.nz/books/?id=T1YTDAAAQBAJ|text=Type D half-lines ending in words of this type are analysed by Hutcheson as ending in two completely unstressed syllables. That analysis must be descriptively correct for, say, the 10th cent.; whether it would have fitted the facts in the 8th cent. is much less clear.
To attach, especially when requiring exact positioning or sizing.
To make ready.
To be seemly.
To be proper or becoming.
To be in harmony.
The degree to which something fits.
Conformity of elements one to another.
The part of an object upon which anything fits tightly.
Measure of how well a particular commercial execution captures the character or values of a brand.
Goodness of fit.
- Dr. Percy has written a long ballad in many ''fits''.
A sudden burst (of an activity).
To suffer a fit.
2016, 18 May, ''Three dogs die and seven more ill after drinking from the same Kent lake amid contamination fears'' (in ''The Telegraph'')
- A spokesman said: "It is believed they (the dogs) got into the lake and drank from it. They came out and started fitting. Shortly after that three of them died and vets are attempting to resuscitate the other one."
- Joshua fit the battle of Jericho and the walls came tumbling down
fixed (of eyes, regard, etc.)
fit (in good shape)
(alternative form of)