suffer englannista suomeksi
To become worse.
- If you may pleaſe to thinke I loue the King, / And through him, what’s neereſt to him, which is / Your gracious ſelfe; embrace but my direction, / If your more ponderous and ſetled proiect may ſuffer alteration.
(quote-journal)| title=The rise of smart beta| passage=Investors face a quandary. Cash offers a return of virtually zero in many developed countries; government-bond yields may have risen in recent weeks but they are still unattractive. Equities have suffered two big bear markets since 2000 and are wobbling again. It is hardly surprising that pension funds, insurers and endowments are searching for new sources of return.
''I've been suffering your insults for years.''
''We hope you never have to suffer the same pain.''
1938, The U.S. (w), 29 U.S.C. § 203:
- "Employ" includes to suffer or permit to work.
1978, Section 31-36 of the Code of Montgomery County, Maryland:
- (..)it shall be unlawful for any person to cause, allow, permit or suffer any vehicle to be parked (..) beyond the period of time established by the duration of the parking meter(..)
- Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
- But Jesus said, suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
(nl-adj form of)
(alternative form of)