finger englannista suomeksi
merkitä sormitus, sormittaa
(quote-book)|location=London|publisher=James Hodges; B. Collins|year=1750|page=157|pageurl=https://books.google.com/books?id=euRhAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA157|oclc=837728611|passage=Making a Cut here big enough to put her Finger in, which ſhe thruſts under the Guts, and with it rakes or tears out the Stone that lies neareſt to it.
- Each finger extended represents one-eighth of a cent. Thus when all four fingers and the thumb are extended, all being spread out from one another, it means five-eighths.
(quote-journal)| title=Don’t cramp my style| passage=In 1993 Candia noticed that the fingers of his left hand were starting to curl up as he played his guitar. It felt to him as if a magnet in his palm were preventing him from opening them. A week later, he could not play at all.
- The starfish eats with five fingers.
1814, (w), ''The Excursion'', p. 250:
- ...spires whose ‘silent finger points to Heaven’...
2014, Laurie David, ''The Family Cooks''
- By now, we hope you have said “no” to processed nuggets and finger|fingers. Instead, how about taking some real chicken, tossing it with real eggs, a little tangy mustard, and a crunchy quinoa coating?
1996, Susan Trumbore, ''Mass Spectrometry of Soils'', p. 318:
- An oven is placed over the finger with Co catalyst (oven temperature will depend on whether a quartz or Pyrex finger is used, see Ref. 24), and a cold finger (usually a copper rod immersed in dry ice–isopropanol slurry) is placed on the other tube.
(syn of) (''purpurea|D. purpurea'').
''a finger of land; a finger of smoke''
1611, Bible (KJV), Exodus 8:19:
- The Magicians said vnto Pharaoh; This is the finger of God.
''The finger of suspicion pointed clearly at the hotel manager.''
(RQ:Wilkins Mathematical Magic)
- a piece of steel three fingers thick
''Gimme three fingers of bourbon.''
1786, (w), ''Musical Dictionary''
- A performer capable of doing justice to rapid or expressive passages, is said to have a good finger
An obscene or insulting gesture made by raising one's middle finger towards someone with the palm of one's hand facing inwards.
The act of fingering, inserting a finger into someone's vagina or rectum for sexual pleasure.
To use the fingers to penetrate and sexually stimulate one's own or another person's vagina or anus; to fingerbang
2008, Thomas Wainwright (editor), ''Erotic Tales'', page 56:
- She smiled, a look of amazement on her face, as if thinking that maybe this was the cock that she had been fantasizing about just now, as she fingered herself to a massive, body-engulfing orgasm.
To query (a user's status) using the (w).
1996, "Yves Bellefeuille", ''List of useful freeware'', (monospace), ''Usenet'':
- PGP mail welcome (finger me for my key).
To execute, as any delicate work.
(alternative form of)
a finger (the body part)