unit englannista suomeksi
*1570, (w), in H. Billingsley (trans.) Euclid, ''Elements of Geometry'', Preface:
- ''Number'', we define, to be, a certayne Mathematicall Sũme, of ''Vnits''. the worde, Vnit, to expresse the Greke Monas, & not Vnitie: as we haue all, commonly, till now, vsed.
A standard measure of a quantity.
An organized group comprising people and/or equipment.
A member of a military organization.
Any military element whose structure is prescribed by competent authority, such as a of organization and equipment; specifically, part of an organizationJoint Publication 1-02 ''U.S. Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms; 12 April 2001 (As Amended Through 14 April 2006).''.
With regard to Reserve Components of the Armed Forces, denotes a Reserve unit organized, equipped, and trained for mobilization to serve on duty as a unit or to augment or be augmented by another unit. Headquarters and support functions without wartime missions are not considered units.
The identity element, neutral element.
A volume of rock or ice of identifiable origin and age range that is defined by the distinctive and dominant, easily mapped and recognizable petrographic, lithologic or paleontologic features (facies) that characterize it.
An item which may be sold singly.
A of alcohol.
a measure of housing equivalent to the living quarters of one household; an apartment where a group of apartments is contained in one or more multi-storied buildings or a group of dwellings is in one or more single storey buildings, usually arranged around a driveway.
A physically large person.
2018, 11 December, BBC News, ''Aylesbury goalkeeper, 14, dies after match injury''
- Luca's father, Americo Campanaro, said: "I feel like my heart has been ripped out."Mr Campanaro added: "He was a big lad, a big unit, that's why he was a goalkeeper, with a big heart to match. A gentle giant."
For each unit.
''We have to keep our unit costs down if we want to make a profit.''
Having a size or magnitude of one.
1990, William W. S. Wei, ''Time Series Analysis'', (ISBN), page 9:
- Consider the following time sequence
- : Z_t=A\sin(\omega t+\theta),
- where A is a random variable with a zero mean and a unit variance and \theta is a random variable with a uniform distribution on the interval -\pi,\pi independent of A.
(ca-verb form of)
oneness, singularity, seen as a component of a whole number; a magnitude of one.
a standard measure of a quantity.
(past participle of)