query englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Hough Purchase Price)
1886, Skeat, ''Address of the President to the Philological Society'' of Great Britain:
- His Glossary has &39;''bouchen'', to stop people's mouths,&39; but this is followed by a query, to show that it was but a guess. I have shown, from the MSS. and other sources, that it should be bonched, i.e. bunched, bumped, knocked, smote.
1973, (w), ''(w)''
- She had written in her diary: "I don't ''think'' I am in a concentration-camp??????", the queries growing larger and more numerous till they covered the entire page (..)
2006, "Pip", ''Re: Royal Enfield motorbike - why would anyone buy one?'' (on newsgroup ''rec.motorcycles'')
- I refer you to your line above, where you use a query and a bang together.
To ask a question.
To question or call into doubt.
(RQ:Allingham China Governess)
To send a private message to (a user on IRC).
2000, "Phantom", ''Re: Uhm.. hi... I guess...'' (on newsgroup ''alt.support.boy-lovers'')
- He parted the channel saying "SHUTUP!"... so I queried him, asking if there was something I could do.. maybe talk...
2000, "Robert Erdec", ''Re: Help; mIRC32; unable to resolve server arnes.si'' (on newsgroup ''alt.irc.mirc'')
- if you know someone who is in the channel, you can query them and ask for the key.
To send out a letter.