ask englannista suomeksi
To (l) (a question) to be answered.
To (l) or enquire of (a person).
- He is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
To request or petition; usually with ''for''.
- Ask, and it shall be given you.
- But in any Exigence of State, like that they are now pressed with, it certainly asks a much longer time to conduct any Design, for the Good of the Common-wealth, to its Maturity and Perfection.
To publish in church for marriage; said of both the banns and the persons.
To take (a person's situation) as an example.
An act or instance of asking.
Something asked or asked for.
2008, Doug Fields, Duffy Robbins, ''Speaking to Teenagers'':
- Communication researchers call this the foot-in-the-door syndrome. Essentially it's based on the observation that people who respond positively to a small “ask” are more likely to respond to a bigger “ask” later on.
1951, Malcolm Arthur Smith, ''The British Amphibians & Reptiles'' (page 258)
- We hear of Adder dens, but detailed accounts of the discovery of one are very rare. Service (1902) records that a peatman, when levelling on an estate by the Solway, found in a hole in the ground, some 8 inches below the surface, 40 adders, 10 toads and a large number of asks (lizards).
a small box