require englannista suomeksi
To demand, to insist upon (having); to call for authoritatively. (defdate)
1998, Joan Wolf, ''The Gamble'', Warner Books:
2009, Vikram Dodd, ''The Guardian'', 29 December:
- (quote), that I can no longer maintain the high standard of service I require of myself, meet the demands of office and cope with the pressures of public life, without my health deteriorating further.’
1972, "Aid for Aching Heads", ''Time'', 5 June:
- Chronic pain is occasionally a sign of a very serious problem, like brain tumors, and can require surgery.
2009, Julian Borger, ''The Guardian'', 7 February:
- A weapon small enough to put on a missile would require uranium enriched to more than 90% U-235.
To demand of (someone) to do something. (defdate)
1970, "Compulsory Midi", ''Time'', 29 June:
- After Aug 3 all salesgirls will be required to wear only one style of skirt while on duty: the midi.
2007, Allegra Stratton, "Smith to ban non-EU unskilled immigrants from working in UK", ''The Guardian'', 5 December:
- The government would like to require non-British fiances who wish to marry a British citizen to sit an English test.