project englannista suomeksi
a. 1729, (w), ''The Greatness of the Gospel Salvation''
- projects of happiness devised by human reason
1924, (w), ''Steadfast Heart/Chapter 22|The Steadfast Heart/Chapter 22''
- Rainbow, (..)came forward enthusiastically to put its money into the project in sums which ran all the way from one share at ten dollars to ten shares
2019, VOA Learning English (public domain)
- The proposal with China would involve a project to create artificial rain.
- : (audio)
An urban low-income housing building.
(quote-song)|year=1996|album=Stakes Is High|passage=Experiments when needles and skin connect / No wonder where we live is called the projects
(quote-song) ft. (w)|album=Good Kid, M.A.A.D City|passage=Imagine rock up in them projects / Where them niggas pick your pockets
An idle scheme; an impracticable design.
*2014 Oct 27, Gabriele Marcotti, https://www.espn.in/football/blog/name/62/post/2112824/headline "Ancelotti triumphs, van Gaal's progress, Dortmund disappoint, more", ''ESPN FC'':
- Sakho was seen as no-frills, whereas Maiga was a project who could develop into the next big thing.
*2018 Sep 2, Arnie Melendrez Stapleton, "Broncos cut ties with 2016 first-round pick QB Lynch", ''WNYT'':
- Elway acknowledged at the time that Lynch was a project who needed some seasoning but he expressed hope that Lynch might be a quick study. He wasn't.
To extend beyond a surface.
To cast (an image or shadow) upon a surface; to throw or cast forward; to shoot forth.
(RQ:Spenser Faerie Queene)
(RQ:Pope Windsor Forest)
To extend (a protrusion or appendage) outward.
To make plans for; to forecast.
(quote-book)|title=Francesca Carrara|volume=3|page=172|text=To form a strict alliance between the cabinets of Paris and London—which meant, that he should influence both,—to induce Charles to marry the loveliest of his nieces, Hortense—thus making a common interest between them, were now the great objects with the Cardinal; and the present visit was of his projecting.
(RQ:Milton Paradise Lost)
1946, Dr. Ralph S. Banay, The Milwaukee Journal, ''Is Modern Woman a Failure'':
- ''It is difficult to gauge the exact point at which women stop trying to fool men and really begin to deceive themselves, but an objective analyst cannot escape the conclusion (1) that partly from a natural device inherent in the species, women deliberately project upon actual or potential suitors an impression of themselves that is not an accurate picture of their total nature, and (2) that few women ever are privileged to see themselves as they really are.''
To draw straight lines from a fixed point through every point of any body or figure, and let these fall upon a surface so as to form the points of a new figure.
(of a neuron or group of neurons) to have axon(s) extending to and therefore able to influence a remote location
To speak or sing in such a way that one can be heard from a large distance away.
2016 — (w), Courtney Looney, ''Mr. Robot: Red Wheelbarro eps1.91_redwheelbarr0w.txt'', (w), New York City, (ISBN);
- You would think that topic coulda put me to sleep, but HE can really project when HE wants to.
(l) (planned endeavor)