air englannista suomeksi
päästää ilmoille, tuoda julki, ilmaista
henki, ilmapiiri, sävy, leima
ripustaa kuivumaan, kuivattaa
1991 May 12, of Jeeves and Wooster episodes|"Kidnapped!" Jeeves and Wooster|''Jeeves and Wooster'', Series 2, Episode 5:
- ''Jeeves:'' Foreign travel often liberates emotions best kept in check, sir. The air of North America is notoriously stimulating in this regard, as witness the regrettable behavior of its inhabitants in 1776.''B. Wooster:'' Hm? What happened in 1776, Jeeves?''Jeeves:'' I prefer not to dwell on it, if it's convenient to you, sir.
November 2 2014, Daniel Taylor, "Sergio Agüero strike wins derby for Manchester City against 10-man United," ''guardian.co.uk''
- Smalling’s quick one-two of yellow cards towards the end of the first half had left an air of inevitability about what would follow and, if anything, it was probably a surprise that City restricted themselves to Sergio Agüero’s goal bearing in mind another of United’s defenders, Marcos Rojo, was taken off on a stretcher early in the second half with a dislocated shoulder.
1900, (w), ''(w)'', Chapter I,
- The girl stooped to pluck a rose, and as she bent over it, her profile was clearly outlined. She held the flower to her face with a long-drawn inhalation, then went up the steps, crossed the piazza, opened the door without knocking, and entered the house with the air of one thoroughly at home.
A song, especially a solo; an aria.
(RQ:Austen Pride and Prejudice)"
Nothing; absence of anything.
An conditioner or the processed air it produces.
Any specific gas.
A jump in which one becomes airborne.
2015, Gary Andres, Paul Hernnson, ''Lobbying Reconsidered: Politics Under the Influence'' (page 149)
- “These members need air cover in the media.” Paid media is the admission ticket to enter the big-time Washington stage.
To let fresh air into a room or a building, to ventilate.
To discuss varying viewpoints on a given topic.
1917, ''(w)'', s:National Geographic Magazine/Volume 31/Number 3/Russia's Democrats|v.31, March 1917:
- Thus, in spite of all opposition, the rural and urban assemblies retained the germ of local government, and in spite of the dual control, as the result of which much of their influence was nullified, they did have a certain value in airing abuses and suggesting improvements.
To broadcast (a television show etc.).
To be broadcast.
To ignore (a person).
(pronunciation spelling of)
clear liquid H₂O
one of the four elements in alchemy
one of the five basic elements in some other theories
a (l) (l) which started by (l) (l) to the cock.
(inflection of) (gloss)
2012, ''Faridah Abdul Rashid'', Research on the Early Malay Doctors : 1900-1957 : Malaya and Singapore http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=kZZXloR9wAMC&
- ''loji rawatan air''
- : water treatment plant
(l) (mixture of gases that make up the earth's atmosphere)
to off, as when stripping insulation off a wire
(soft mutation of)