local englannista suomeksi
From or in a nearby location.
(RQ:Maxwell Mirror and the Lamp)Next day she(..)tried to recover her ward by the hair of the head. Then, thwarted, the wretched creature went to the police for help; she was versed in the law, and had perhaps spared no pains to keep on good terms with the local constabulary.
(quote-journal)|title=An internet of airborne things
Of or pertaining to a restricted part of an organism.
Descended from an indigenous population.
A person who lives near a given place.
A branch of a nationwide organization such as a union.
''I'm in the TWU, too. Local 6.''
''The expresses skipped my station, so I had to take a local.''
''I got barred from my local, so I've started going all the way into town for a drink.''
''Functional programming languages usually don't allow changing the immediate value of locals once they've been initialized, unless they're explicitly marked as being mutable.''
2012, Cesar Otero, Rob Larsen, ''Professional JQuery'' (page 25)
- Globals are visible anywhere in your application, whereas locals are visible only in the function in which they're declared.
2009, R. Stafford Johnson, ''Bond Evaluation, Selection, and Management'' (page 316)
- On most futures exchanges, there are two major types of futures traders/members: commission brokers and locals.
2018, Max Ghasserani, "Spill The Tea On A Sister Skinny Legend", ''The Investigator'' (Green Valley High School, Henderson, NV), October 2018, page 25:
- Her camera roll is filled with pictures and videos of her idol, she doesn't let any of her friends see her account because "no locals allowed", (..)
2018, Fergal Smiddy, "The 6 Types of People You Meet on Twitter", ''University Express'' (University College Cork, Ireland), 16 October 2018, page 11:
- Locals are characterised by their seeming lack of involvement or ~expertise~ on the platform.
2019, Avin Abelardo, "Deep Dive Into The World Of Troll Twitter Memes", ''Echoes'' (University of the Philippines), February/March 2019, page 60:
- Heck, even locals sometimes use GIFs of her when they feel like tweeting with taste.
In the local area; within a city, state, country, etc.
''It's never been more important to buy local.''
(alternative form of)