art englannista suomeksi
The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colours, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the senses and emotions, usually specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
1992 May 3, of Jeeves and Wooster episodes|"Comrade Bingo" Jeeves and Wooster|''Jeeves and Wooster'', Series 3, Episode 6:
- ''Wooster|B.W. Wooster:'' If you ask me, art is responsible for most of the trouble in the world.''R. Jeeves:'' An interesting theory, sir. Would you care to expatiate upon it?''Wooster|B.W. Wooster:'' As a matter of fact, no, Jeeves. The thought just occurred to me, as thoughts do.''R. Jeeves:'' Very good, sir.
2005 July, Lynn Freed, ''Harper's'':
- "I tell her what Donald Hall says: that the problem with workshops is that they trivialize art by minimizing the terror."
2009, Alexander Brouwer:
- Visual art is a subjective understanding or perception of the viewer as well as a deliberate/conscious arrangement or creation of elements like colours, forms, movements, sounds, objects or other elements that produce a graphic or plastic whole that expresses thoughts, ideas or visions of the artist.
The creative and emotional expression of mental imagery, such as visual, auditory, social, etc.
1796, (w), ''(w)'', Folio Society 1985, page 217:
- A physician was immediately sent for; but on the first moment of beholding the corpse, he declared that Elvira's recovery was beyond the power of art.
Contrivance, scheming, manipulation.
(RQ:Shelley Poetical Works)
(RQ:Emily Bronte Wuthering Heights)
(en-archaic second-person singular of)
to plow (gloss)
(senseid) (inflection of)
Guile, craft or an instance of it; the use of deception or sleight-of hand.
Knowledge, information; the set of things which one has learned about (through formal study).
(l), (l), (l)
(l) (skill; practice; method)
(rfdate) Walter of Bibbesworth: Le Tretiz, ed. W. Rothwell, ANTS Plain Texts Series 6, 1990. Date of cited text: circa 1250
- ore serroit a saver de l’art a bresser & brasyr
- : Now would be the time to know the art of brewing