rig englannista suomeksi
The special apparatus used for drilling wells.
2004, Radford Castro, ''Let Me Play: Stories of Gaming and Emulation'' (page 104)
- When I saw a special version of Quake running on Voodoo hardware, I knew I would be forking out quite a bit of money on my gaming rig.
A model outfitted with parameterized controls for animation.
(quote-journal)| author=Schumpeter| title=Cronies and capitols| passage=Policing the relationship between government and business in a free society is difficult.(..)Governments have to find the best people to fill important jobs: there is a limited supply of people who understand the financial system, for example. But governments must also remember that businesses are self-interested actors who will try to rig the system for their own benefit.
To make free with; hence, to steal; to pilfer.
To outfit a model with controls for animation.
- Let none condemn them for rigs, because thus hoiting with boys, seeing the simplicity of their age was a patent to privilege any innocent pastime, and few more years will make them blush themselves into better manners
A promiscuous woman.
1936: ''Like the Phoenix'' by Anthony Bertram
- However, terrible as it may seem to the tall maiden sisters of J.P.'s in Queen Anne houses with walled vegetable gardens, this courtesan, strumpet, harlot, whore, punk, fille de joie, street-walker, this trollop, this trull, this baggage, this hussy, this drab, skit, rig, quean, mopsy, demirep, demimondaine, this wanton, this fornicatress, this doxy, this concubine, this frail sister, this poor Queenie--did actually solicit me, did actually say 'coming home to-night, dearie' and my soul was not blasted enough to call a policeman.
A sportive or unbecoming trick; a frolic.
(RQ:Cowper John Gilpi)
- He little dreamt when he set out / Of running such a rig.
(RQ:Burke Regicide Peac)
- that uncertain season before the rigs of old Michaelmas were yet well composed.
To play the wanton; to act in an unbecoming manner; to play tricks.
1616, (w), ''The Hymn to (w)'', in ''The Whole Works of (w)'' (tr.),
- Rigging and rifling all ways, and no noise / Made with thy soft feet, where it all destroys.
2004, ''(w)'', Volume 39, (w), page 81,
- The set of natural numbers N with the usual operations of addition and multiplication is a rig, but not a ring. The set of integers Z is a ring. For a rig/ring (R,0,+,1,−), the set of polynomials R''x'' on a generator ''x'' with the usual operations of addition and multiplication is also a rig/ring.
2004, Jerzy Marcinkowski (editor), ''Computer Science Logic: 18th International Workshop, CSL 2004, Proceedings'', Springer, LNCS 3210, page 17,
- It follows that for each object ''A'' its endomorphisms End''C''(''A'') = ''C''(''A'',''A'') has the structure of what is now called a rig, that is to say a (commutative) ring without negatives.
rig (the arrangement of masts etc., the special apparatus used for drilling oil wells)