rich englannista suomeksi
Wealthy: having a lot of money and possessions.
(quote-book)| chapter=7| title=The Mirror and the Lamp| passage=“A very welcome, kind, useful present, that means to the parish. By the way, Hopkins, let this go no further. We don't want the tale running round that a rich person has arrived. Churchill, my dear fellow, we have such greedy sharks, and wolves in lamb's clothing. …”
(quote-journal)| volume=188| issue=23| page=19| magazine=(w)| title=Money just makes the rich suffer| passage=In order to grant the rich these pleasures, the social contract is reconfigured. The welfare state is dismantled. …
Having an intense fatty or sugary flavour.
1929, Robert Dean Frisbee, ''The Book of Puka-Puka'' (republished by Eland, 2019; p. 116):
- It is the richest food I have ever eaten, and for this reason I soon learned to partake of it sparingly.
1709-1710, (w), ''Reflections on Learning''
- High sauces and rich spices are fetch'd from the Indies.
1707, (w), ''The Royal Convert''
- Tho' my Date of mortal Life be short, it shall be glorious; / Each minute shall be rich in some great action.
(RQ:Milton Paradise Lost)
(quote-journal)| title=Battle of the bulge| passage=For countries with rich culinary traditions that date back to the Aztecs and Incas, Mexico and Peru have developed quite a taste for modern food fashions. Mexicans quaff more fizzy drinks than any other country; Peru has the highest density of fast-food joints in the world.
Yielding large returns; productive or fertile; fruitful.
Composed of valuable or costly materials or ingredients; procured at great outlay; highly valued; precious; sumptuous; costly.
Not faint or delicate; vivid.
1858, William Brown (of Montreal), ''The Commercial Crisis: Its Cause and Cure'' (page 28)
- Now, if money be a marketable commodity like flour, as the Witness states, is it not rather a rich idea that of selling the use of a barrel of flour instead of the barrel of flour itself?
2003, Patricia Cardoza, Patricia DiGiacomo, ''Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003''
- Some rich text email messages contain formatting information that's best viewed with Microsoft Word.
2008, Aaron Newman, Adam Steinberg, Jeremy Thomas, ''Enterprise 2.0 Implementation''
- But what did matter was that the new web platform provided a rich experience.
(Plural) People with a lot of money or property
(RQ:Gower CA)o, That it may faile nevermo
(RQ:Shakespeare King Lear)
To become rich.