shaft englannista suomeksi
kanki, heppi, aisa
The entire body of a long weapon, such as an arrow.
- His sleep, his meat, his drink, is him bereft, / (nowrap)
- A shaft hath three principal parts, the stele, the feathers, and the head.
(RQ:Jefferies Amateur Poacher). Ikey the blacksmith had forged us a spearhead after a sketch from a picture of a Greek warrior; and a rake-handle served as a shaft.
Anything cast or thrown as a spear or javelin.
- And the thunder, / Winged with red lightning and impetuous rage, / Perhaps (nowrap)
- Some kinds of literary pursuits(..)have been attacked with all the shafts of ridicule.
1912, (w), ''Bohemian Girl (short story)|The Bohemian Girl:''
- They were a fine company of old women, and a Dutch painter would have loved to find them there together, where the sun made bright patches on the floor and sent long, quivering shafts of gold through the dusky shade up among the rafters.
The long narrow body of a stick.
- Bid time and nature gently spare / (nowrap)
The main cylindrical part of the penis.
To equip with a shaft.
2018 Christian Cooke as Mickey Argyle, "Episode 2", ''Ordeal by Innocence'' (written by Sarah Phelps) 23 minutes
- Well at least I can get it up. No wonder Mary's going out of her head. Stuck with you sponging off her and not even a decent shafting for her trouble.