sexual englannista suomeksi
Pertaining to intercourse or other intimate physical contact. (defdate)
Characterised by sexual feelings or behaviour; possessing sexuality. (defdate)
1994, ''Purity & passion'' (ISBN), page 67:
- We don't often think of Jesus as a sexual person, but He certainly was not asexual. He was not just God on earth. He was fully human and (..) He was sexual, single, and celibate.
Experiencing sexual attraction; not asexual.
2016, Kyell Gold, ''Black Angel'', Kyell Gold ((ISBN)):
- (...) “You know, there are asexuals with sexual partners.” His ears flicked, and he grinned. “There's things both of us can try to do(..)”
2017, T. T. Monday, ''Double Switch'', Vintage Crime/Black Lizard ((ISBN)), page 98:
- Izzy tells me that at her high school the most useful distinction is not between heterosexuals and homosexuals but between those who are sexual and those who are not. The abstainers call themselves “aces,” short for “asexuals.”
Pertaining to the female sex. (defdate)
A species which reproduces by sexual rather than asexual reproduction, or a member of such a species.
2012, ''Issues in Sexuality and Sexual Behavior Research: 2011 Edition'', ScholarlyEditions ((ISBN))
- The findings suggest that asexuality is best conceptualized as a lack of sexual attraction; however, asexuals varied greatly in their experience of sexual response and behavior. Asexuals partnered with sexuals acknowledged having to 'negotiate' sexual activity.
2015, Mark Carrigan, Kristina Gupta, Todd G. Morrison, ''Asexuality and Sexual Normativity: An Anthology'', Routledge ((ISBN)), page 11:
- In this article we use absence of sexual attraction to others as a definition but recognise that this definition is contested. (..) survey was also advertised online (without explicitly mentioning asexuality in the advert), thus aiming to reach a mixture of asexuals and sexuals.