sex englannista suomeksi
selvittää sukupuoli, määrittää sukupuoli
1994, Valerie Harms, ''Uc Rodale Nat Aud Enviro'', page 268:
- I would never have guessed (..) that slime molds can have thirteen sexes.
1792, Mary Wollstonecraft, ''A Vindication of the Rights of Woman''
- Still there are some loop-holes out of which a man may creep, and dare to think and act for himself; but for a woman it is an herculean task, because she has difficulties peculiar to her sex to overcome, which require almost super-human powers.
1817, ''The works of Claudian, tr. into Engl. verse by A. Hawkins'', page 43:
- "But now another sex, in arms, is brought, / And, realms to guard, are eunuchs able thought!"
- A black old neutral personageOf the third sex stept up.
- It was a weaknessIn me, but incident to all our sex.
1780, Bentham|Jeremy Bentham, ''Introduction to the Principles of Morals & Legislation'', vi, §35:
- The sensibility of the female sex appears (..) to be greater than that of the male.
2005 November 11, ''Guardian'', 18:
- A lot of women now like men to pay for them on dates... We've dealt with the outdated view of sex underpinning this.
1789 November 3, Arthur Young, ''Travels... undertaken with a view of ascertaining the cultivation... of the kingdom of France'', i, 220:
- The sex of Venice are undoubtedly of a distinguished beauty.
1929, Lawrence|D.H. Lawrence, ''Pansies'', 57:
- If you want to have sex, you've got to trustAt the core of your heart, the other creature.
1934, translation of the Qur'an (23:5) by Abdullah Yusuf Ali
- (The believers ... those ... ) who abstain from sex
1962 June 7, ''The Listener'', 1006/2:
- Why wasn't Bond|Bond ‘more tender’ in his love-making? Why did he just ‘have sex’ and disappear?
1990, ''of Cards (UK TV show)|House of Cards'', Season 1, Episode 3:
- It wouldn't work with you... Sex, I mean. You're... easy to be with. You're... you're not dangerous. You're my best friend, John. I couldn't have it on with my best friend, John. It would be embarrassing. Sorry. Honest.
1664, Thomas Killigrew, ''Princess'', ii, ii:
- Another has|ha's gon through with the bargain... One that will find the way to her Sex, before you'll|'le come to kissing her hand.
1938, David Gascoyne, ''Hölderlin's Madness'', 18:
- And the black cypresses strained upwards like the sex of a hanged man.
1993, Catherine Coulter, ''The Heiress Bride'', page 354:
- She touched his sex with her hand.
2003 March 2, ''Daily News'' of New York, 2:
- And he put in a fake sex (penis) because he wanted to make the scene more real, more rude.
(quote-journal)|others=659/2|passage=If we sex the cattle, which is the only way to get at their value, we shall have... 400 cows, 200 yearling heifers.
(alternative form of).
(l) (sexual intercourse)
(alternative form of)
(cln) six; 6
(ante) Wycliffe's Bible|Bible (Wycliffite), of Genesis|Genesis, Chapter vi, Verse 19:
- Of all þingez hauyng soule of eny flesch: two þou schalt brynge in to þe ark, þat male sex & female (..)
(alternative form of)
sex (intercourse, sexual activity)
(l) (intercourse, sexual activity)
(l) (of a factory)