male englannista suomeksi
''the leading male and female singers''
''a male bird feeding a seed to a female''
''in bee colonies, all drones are male''
''intersex male patients''
1995, Gill Van Hasselt, ''Childbirth: Your Choices for Managing Pain'' (Taylor Pub, (ISBN)):
- We got the hang of for a baby, Kate and I, with some quiet, surprising guidance from a gentle male nurse whose touching lack of intrusion was so instinctive as to seem part of the pattern.
2016, Tobias Raun, ''Out Online'' ((ISBN)):
- Whereas many other trans male vloggers use the videos to assert a conventionally recognizable masculinity through sculpting and carrying their bodies as well as dressing and talking in masculine-coded ways, Carson explores and plays with ways of expressing femininity within (trans) maleness.
''stereotypically male interests'', ''an insect with typically male coloration''
2006, Bonnie Roberts, ''Bruises on the Heart'' ((ISBN)), page 118:
- A bright light was shone in her eye and then she heard a kind, male voice who she figured must be Dr. Smith. “Yes, let her rest now, but keep an eye on her blood pressure and her pulse. Check her about every 15 or 20 minutes. Call me if any problem occurs.”
2004, Mino Vianello, Gwen Moore, ''Women and Men in Political and Business Elites: A Comparative Study'' ((ISBN)):
- More than that, we cannot find the same dynamics within female career trajectories as in the other two country groups, because the time-structure of female and male careers already shows great similarity within the older generation of elites. In addition, the pattern of the relation between female and male careers remains the same over time.
''the male chromosome''; ''like testes, ovaries also produce testosterone and some other male hormones''
Masculine; of the masculine grammatical gender.
2012, Sinéad Leleu, Michaela Greck-Ismair, ''German Pen Pals Made Easy KS3''
- If you are describing a female noun, you must make the adjective feminine by adding an 'e'. If you describe a male noun, you add an 'er'. For neutral nouns you add an 'es'.
1982, ''Popular Science'', page 119:
- Male adapter connects female pipe threads to polyethylene cold-water pipe; ... female flare coupling connects male pipe threads to flared copper or plastic;
A human member of the masculine sex or gender.
An animal of the sex that has testes.
(nl-noun form of)
(nl-verb form of)
(verb form of)
(feminine plural of)
To purr (of a cat, to make a vibrating sound in its throat when contented)
(alternative form of)
(nn-former), to (l).