chamber englannista suomeksi
makuuhuone, kamari, makuukamari
1845, (w), ''Raven|The Raven'',
- Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
- Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
- While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
- As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
- ...a bachelor's life in chambers...
'' The resolution, which speedily passed the Senate, was unable to gain a majority in the lower chamber. ''
''A canal lock chamber; a furnace chamber; a test chamber''
'' Dianne loaded a cartridge into the chamber of the rifle, then prepared to take aim at the target. ''
''She had chambered herself in her room, and wouldn't come out.''
1893, ''Publications of the Scottish History Society'' (volume 14, page 64)
- I chambered with Alexander Preston.
To place in a chamber, as a round of ammunition.
''The hunter fired at the geese and missed, then shrugged his shoulders and chambered another cartridge.''
''The rifle was originally chambered for 9mm, but had since been modified for a larger, wildcat caliber.''
''Bob chambered his fist for a blow, but Sheila struck first.''
To be lascivious.