pump englannista suomeksi
A device for moving or compressing a liquid or gas.
An instance of the action of a pump; one stroke of a pump; any action similar to pumping
A device for dispensing liquid or gas to be sold, particularly fuel.
2010, Eric Velazquez, "Power Pairings", ''Reps!'' 17:83
- Want a skin-stretching pump? Up the volume by using high-rep sets.
- A great pump is better than coming. (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
To use a pump to move (liquid or gas).
To fill with air.
To move rhythmically, as the motion of a pump.
To shake (a person's hand) vigorously.
To gain information from (a person) by persistent questioning.
1682, (w), ''(w)''
- But pump not me for politics.
To use a pump to move liquid or gas.
To be going very well.
To pass gas; to fart.
2006, Andrew Troelsen, ''Pro C 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform''
- Sure enough, rather than pumping a message to the Console window, you will now see a message box displaying your message
2008, Joe Duffy, ''Concurrent Programming on Windows''
- The CLR pumps messages automatically during a wait, reducing the likelihood of this but it can show up in native code.
c. 2012, Microsoft, .NET Framework 4.5 documentation for Marshal.CleanupUnusedObjectsInCurrentContext
- The interop system pumps messages while it attempts to clean up RCWs.
A dancing shoe.
A type of shoe without a heel.(cite-book)