move englannista suomeksi
koskettaa, vaikuttaa, liikuttaa
(quote-book)|title=Twenty-ſix Letters on Religious Subjects(..) To which are added Hymns(..)|edition=fourth|chapter=(w)|url=https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=rKhVAAAAcAAJ|page=252|text=(smallcaps) moves in a myſterious way, / His wonders to perform; / He plants his footſteps in the ſea, / And rides upon the ſtorm.
1839, Denison Olmsted, ''A Compendium of Astronomy'' Page 95
- Secondly, When a body is once in motion it will continue to move forever, unless something stops it. When a ball is struck on the surface of the earth, the friction of the earth and the resistance of the air soon stop its motion.
- Seducer of the Peopie, not moved with the Piety of his Life
- No female arts his mind could move.
(RQ:King James Version)
1905, (w), translated by Canon Roberts, ''From the Founding of the City'' Book 38
- Two days were thus wasted in the quarrel between the consuls. It was clear that while Faminius was present no decision could be arrived at. Owing to Flaminius' absence through illness, Aemilius seized the opportunity to move a resolution which the senate adopted. Its purport was that the Ambracians should have all their property restored to them; they should be free to live under their own laws; they should impose such harbour dues and other imposts by land and sea as they desired, provided that the Romans and their Italian allies were exempt.
1630, (w), ''The Life and Raigne of King Edward the Sixth''
- And therefore they are to be blamed alike, both who moue and who decline warre(..)
1485, Sir Thomas Malory, ''Le Morte Darthur'', Book VII:
- "Sir," seyde Sir Boys, "ye nede nat to meve me of such maters, for well ye wote I woll do what I may to please you."
(RQ:Shakespeare Comedy of Errors)
The act of moving; a movement.
A formalized or practiced action used in athletics, dance, physical exercise, self-defense, hand-to-hand combat, etc.
The event of changing one's residence.
A change in strategy.
A transfer, a change from one employer to another.
2013, Phil McNulty, "http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23830980", ''BBC Sport'', 1 September 2013:
- Robin van Persie squandered United's best chance late on but otherwise it was a relatively comfortable afternoon for Liverpool's new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who has yet to concede a Premier League goal since his £9m summer move from Sunderland.