pull englannista suomeksi
vetonuppi, vedin, kahva
vetää puoleensa, iskeä
lyödä liiaksi vasemmalle
- He put forth his hand (..) and pulled her in.
To gather with the hand, or by drawing toward oneself; to pluck.
2002, (w), ''Changing and Unchanging Face of United States Civil Society''
- Television, a favored source of news and information, pulls the largest share of advertising monies.
2011, Russell Simmons, Chris Morrow, ''Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All''
- While the pimp can always pull a ho with his magnetism, he can never pull a nun. The nun is too in touch with her own compassionate and honest spirit to react to a spirit as negative and deceitful as that of the pimp.
To persuade (someone) to have sex with one.
2006, Michael Bellomo, Joel Elad, ''How to Sell Anything on Amazon...and Make a Fortune!''
- They'll go through their computer system and pull a report of all your order fulfillment records for the time period you specify.
(ux) on us.
To toss a frisbee with the intention of launching the disc across the length of a field.
1874, (w), (w) Chapter VI
To achieve by rowing on a machine.
''It had been a sort of race hitherto, and the rowers, with set teeth and compressed lips, had pulled stroke for stroke.''
To draw apart; to tear; to rend.
- He hath turned aside my ways, and pulled me in pieces; he hath made me desolate.
To draw (a hostile character) into combat, or toward or away from some location or target.
2003 April 9, "Richard Lawson" (username), "http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/msg/ef966301acc57674 Monual's Willful Ignorance", in (monospace), Usenet:
- …we had to clear a long hallway, run up half way, pull the boss mob to us, and engage.
2004 October 18, "Stush" (username), "Re: focus pull", in (monospace), Usenet:
- Basically buff pet, have it pull lots of mobs, shield pet, chain heal pet, have your aoe casters finish off hurt mobs once pet gets good aggro.
2005 August 2, "Brian" (username), "Re: How to tank Stratholme undead pulls?", in (monospace), Usenet:
- This is the only thing that should get you to break off from your position, is to pull something off the healer.
2007 April 10, "John Salerno" (username), "Re: Managing the Command Buttons", in (monospace), Usenet:
- You could also set a fire trap, pull the mob toward it, then send in your pet….
2008 August 18, "Mark (newsgroups)" (username), "http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.warcraft/msg/72486e99a34604b5 Re: I'm a priest now!", in (monospace), Usenet:
- Shield yourself, pull with Mind Blast if you want, or merely pull with SW:P to save mana, then wand, fear if you need to, but use the lowest rank fear.
To score a certain number of points in a sport.
''How many points did you pull today, Albert?''
To hold back, and so prevent from winning.
''The favourite was pulled.''
To strike the ball in a particular manner. (See noun sense.)
- Never pull a straight fast ball to leg.
To draw beer from a pump, keg, or other source.
*1751, (w), ''The Adventures of Peregrine Pickle'', I.19:
- He and some of his companions one day entered a garden in the suburbs, and having indulged their appetites, desired to know what satisfaction they must make for the fruit they had pulled.
An act of pulling (gloss)
- I found myself suddenly awaked with a violent pull upon the ring, which was fastened at the top of my box.
Something in one's favour in a comparison or a contest; an advantage; means of influencing.
A journey made by rowing
1874, (w), (w) Chapter V
- As Blunt had said, the burning ship lay a good twelve miles from the Malabar, and the pull was a long and a weary one. Once fairly away from the protecting sides of the vessel that had borne them thus far on their dismal journey, the adventurers seemed to have come into a new atmosphere.
va wrestling pull
Loss or violence suffered.
(RQ:Shakespeare Henry 6-2)
A kind of stroke by which a leg ball is sent to the off side, or an off ball to the side.
1887, (w), ''Longman's Magazine''
- The pull is not a legitimate stroke, but bad cricket.
A mishit shot which travels in a straight line and (for a right-handed player) left of the intended path.