remove englannista suomeksi
1560, ''(w)'', The Geneva Biblepage/n182 Deuteronomy 19:14:
- Thou ſhalt not remoue thy neighbours marke, which thei of olde time haue ſet in thine inheritance, that thou ſhalt inherit the lãd, which the Lord thy God giueth the to poſſeſſe it.
To replace a dish within a course.
To dismiss a batsman.
(RQ:Spenser Faerie Queene)
(quote-journal)| title=http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/jun/13/supreme-court-genes-patent-dna US rules human genes can't be patented| passage=The US supreme court has ruled unanimously that natural human genes cannot be patented, a decision that scientists and civil rights campaigners said removed a major barrier to patient care and medical innovation.
1719, (w), ''(w)''
- Now my life began to be so easy that I began to say to myself that could I but have been safe from more savages, I cared not if I was never to remove from the place where I lived.
1834, (w), ''A Narrative of the Life of'', Nebraska 1987, p.20:
- Shortly after this, my father removed, and settled in the same county, about ten miles above Greenville.
(RQ:zhx-teo:Lim Hiong Seng)
- I am going to remove. / Where are you going to remove to? / I don't know yet. / When will you know?
The act of removing something.
(RQ:Goldsmith The Travelle)
- And drags at each remove a lengthening chain.
*1796, (w), ''Letters Written in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark'', Oxford 2009, p. 16:
- A supper brings up the rear, not forgetting the introductory luncheon, almost equalling in removes the dinner.
Emotional distance or indifference.
The transfer of one's home or business to another place; a move.
1855, (w), ''(w)''
- It is an English proverb that three removes are as bad as a fire.
(RQ:Swift Directions to Servant)
- His horse wanted two removes; your horse wanted nails