show englannista suomeksi
osoittaa, ilmaista, näyttää
tulla kolmen parhaan joukkoon
''to show mercy; to show favour; show me the salt please''
To indicate (a fact) to be true; to demonstrate.
2018, https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/china-s-melting-glacier-brings-visitors-concern-over-climate-change/4627742.html VOA Learning English > China's Melting Glacier Brings Visitors, Adds to Climate Concerns
- A report this year in the Journal of Geophysical Research showed that the glacier has lost 60 percent of its mass.
To guide or escort.
(RQ:Dryden Don Sebastia)
- Just such she shows before a rising storm.
To put in an appearance; up.
To finish third, especially of horses or dogs.
To have a certain appearance, such as well or ill, fit or unfit; to become or suit; to appear.
*(RQ:Shakespeare Henry 4-2)
An exhibition of items.
2016, VOA Learning English (public domain)
- Every day I do my morning show.
- : (audio)
A project or presentation.
''Let's get on with the show. Let's get this show on the road. They went on an international road show to sell the shares to investors. It was Apple's usual dog and pony show.''
Mere display or pomp with no substance. (Usually seen in the phrases "all show" and "for show".)
- I envy none their pageantry and show.
1596-97, (w), ''(w)'', Act III Scene 2
- So may the outward shows be least themselves:
- The world is still deceived with ornament.
- Beware of the scribes,(..)which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers.
A (l) (gloss).
a (l) (q)
a (l) (qualifier)
an act or performance that demonstrates high skill; (l); (l); (l)
the action of (l) or (l) out loud in order to (l) or (l) about something, often in the context of a (l) or (l)
an exhibition motivated action or thing