chain englannista suomeksi
A series of interconnected things.
A number of atoms in a series, which combine to form a molecule.
A series of interconnected links of known length, used as a measuring device.
A long tape.
1938, (w), ''(novel)|Capricornia'', New York: D. Appleton-Century, 1943, Chapter X, p. 177, https://archive.org/details/capricornianovel00herb
- "But it's too far—must be a quarter of a mile—and I've a portmanteau to carry." (..)
- "Garn!" shouted the guard. "Taint ten chain. (..)"
2003, Jeremy P. Spinrad, ''Efficient Graph Representations'', (w), page 108,
- We first find an approximation of the chain partition, i.e. a small but not minimum size set of chains which cover all elements of the poset.
That which confines, fetters, or secures; a bond.
Iron links bolted to the side of a vessel to bold the dead-eyes connected with the shrouds; also, the channels.
To fasten something with a chain.
To connect as if with a chain, due to dependence, addiction, or other feelings
To link multiple items together.
To be chained to another data item.
To load and automatically run (a program).
1996, "Mr D Walsh", ''Running two programs from a batch file'' (on newsgroup ''comp.sys.acorn.misc'')
- How do you get one program to chain another? I want to run DrawWorks2 then !Draw but as soon as you run Drawworks2 it finishes the batch file and doesn't go on to the next instruction! Is there a way without loading one of these automatic loaders?
1998, "Juan Flynn", ''BBC software transmitted on TV - how to load?'' (on newsgroup ''comp.sys.acorn.misc'')
- You can do LOAD "" or CHAIN "" to load or chain the next program if I remember correctly (it's been a loooong time since I've used a tape on an Acorn!)
2006, "Richard Porter", ''SpamStamp double headers'' (on newsgroup ''comp.sys.acorn.apps'')
- Recent versions of AntiSpam no longer use the Config file but have a Settings file instead, so when I updated the Config file to chain SpamStamp it had no effect as it was a redundant file.
(aspirate mutation of)