font englannista suomeksi
(quote-book)|title=Source and Aim of Human Progress|The Source and Aim of Human Progress|passage=The Bible lays special stress on the fear of God as the font of wisdom.
A set of glyphs of unified design, belonging to one typeface (e.g., Helvetica), style (e.g., italic), and weight (e.g., bold). Usually representing the letters of an alphabet and its supplementary characters.
1981, William Safire, ''On language'' (page 78)
- When figures or quotes are thought helpful to understanding a spot, they're "fonted" over the cover picture.
1987, The Foundation Center, ''Promoting issues & ideas: a guide to public relations for nonprofit organizations'' (page 97)
- (..) character generator instead of an easel card to create letters on camera or telephone numbers that can run across the TV screen. The process is called fonting.
- A gaudy taste; for they are little skill'd inThe arts of which these lands were once the font
- As I am not drawing here on the font of imagination to refresh that of fact and experience, I do not suggest that the Tarot set the example of expressing Secret Doctrine in pictures and that it was followed by Hermetic writers; but it is noticeable that it is perhaps the earliest example of this art.
1915 — Wilson|Woodrow Wilson, ''s:Woodrow Wilson's Third State of the Union Address|Third State of the Union Address''
- I am interested to fix your attention on this prospect now because unless you take it within your view and permit the full significance of it to command your thought I cannot find the right light in which to set forth the particular matter that lies at the very font of my whole thought as I address you to-day.
source (of water)
digital (l) (gloss)
a baptismal (l)
(l), or (l) (UK)
(l) (computer file containing the code used to draw and compose the glyphs)