picture englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Jefferies Amateur Poacher). Ikey the blacksmith had forged us a spearhead after a sketch from a picture of a Greek warrior; and a rake-handle served as a shaft.
(quote-journal)| title=Pixels or Perish| passage=Drawings and pictures are more than mere ornaments in scientific discourse. Blackboard sketches, geological maps, diagrams of molecular structure, astronomical photographs, MRI images, the many varieties of statistical charts and graphs: These pictorial devices are indispensable tools for presenting evidence, for explaining a theory, for telling a story.
(RQ:Coleridge A Day Drea)
- My eyes make pictures when they are shut.
- So this was my future home, I thought! Certainly it made a brave picture. I had seen similar ones fired-in on many a Heidelberg stein. Backed by towering hills,(..)a sky of palest Gobelin flecked with fat, fleecy little clouds, it in truth looked a dear little city; the city of one's dreams.
2007, ''The Workers' Republic''
- Prior to seeing him and meeting him, and hearing him speak, I had conjured up a picture of him in my mind, which actual contact with him proved to be an illusion. I had conceived of him(..)as being tall, commanding, and as the advance notices of him, a sliver-tongued orator. I found him, however, to be the opposite of my mental picture; short, squat, unpretentious(nb..).
(quote-book)|title=(w)| chapter=3| url=http://openlibrary.org/works/OL2004261W| passage=Here the stripped panelling was warmly gold and the pictures, mostly of the English school, were mellow and gentle in the afternoon light.
(qualifier) Cinema (qualifier).
An attractive sight.
1862, (w), "Sir Henry Wotton" in ''American Journal of Education''
- any well-expressed image(..)either in picture or sculpture
A figure; a model.
(RQ:Howell Epistolae)in virgin wax
A sample of an illegal drug.
1997, John Barnes, ''Ada 95 Rationale: The Language - The Standard Libraries'' (page 390)
- The COBOL restriction for the currency symbol in a picture string to be replaced by a single character currency symbol is a compromise solution.
1997, Roger Hutty, Mary Spence, ''Mastering COBOL Programming'' (page 20)
- To recapitulate, the pictures we have considered so far are: X – any character A — alphabetic characters and the space character (..)
To represent in or with a picture.
(quote-book)| year=1962| passage=while upon the shaded top of the box, drawn in perspective, the artist had pictured a plate with the beautifully executed, twin-lobed, brainlike, halved kernel of a walnut.
(quote-song)|title=(w)|album=(w)|passage=Picture yourself on a boat on a river / With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
(quote-song)|album=Parallel Lines|passage=If you can picture this—a day in December / Picture this—freezing cold weather / You got clouds on your lids and you'd be on the skids