act englannista suomeksi
toimenpide, teko, tekeminen, työ
Something done, a deed.
1798, (w), ''Lines''
- That best portion of a good man's life, / His little, nameless, unremembered acts / Of kindness and of love.
- The seeds of plants are not at first in act, but in possibility, what they afterward grow to be.
Something done once and for all, as distinguished from a work.
The process of doing something.
A formal or official record of something done.
A performer or performers in a show.
Any organized activity.
A display of behaviour.
A display of behaviour meant to deceive.
''to put on an act''
To do something.
To do (something); to perform.
(RQ:Taylor H), ''Purity of Intention''
- that we act our temporal affairs with a desire no greater than our necessity
- Industry doth beget by producing good habits, and facility of acting things expedient for us to do.
1782, (w), ''Expostulation''
- Uplifted hands that at convenient times / Could act extortion and the worst of crimes.
To perform a theatrical role.
Of a play: to be acted out (well or badly).
To convey an appearance of being.
To do something that causes a change binding on the doer.
To have an effect (on).
To play (a role).
- With acted fear the villain thus pursued.
To move to action; to actuate; to animate.