metal englannista suomeksi
''Chemical elements or alloys, and the mines where their ores come from.''
Any material with similar physical properties, such as an alloy.
(RQ:Jefferies Amateur Poacher).
2003, Michael A. Seeds, ''Astronomy: The Solar System and Beyond'', Thomson Brooks/Cole (ISBN)
- Most of the matter in stars is hydrogen and helium, and the metals (including carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and so on) were cooked up inside stars.
2008, Lunar and Planetary Institute, Geochemical Society, ''Oxygen in the solar system'', Mineralogical Society of Amer (ISBN)
- Thus, for the remaining elements, including oxygen, the solid phase appears to be important. In fact, at a metallicity of Z=0.02, and with a gas-to-dust ratio of 100, about half of the metals — including oxygen — are contained in the solid phase.
2015, Alan Longstaff, ''Astrobiology: An Introduction'', CRC Press (ISBN), page 350
- Metals include oxygen and carbon which means that water and organic molecules would have been abundant in the early universe, perhaps paving the way for the emergence of life within a couple of billion years of the Big Bang.
Crushed rock, stones etc. used to make a road.
The ore from which a metal is derived.(R:Raymond Glossar)
A mine from which ores are taken.
(RQ:Taylor Ductor Dubitantium)and persons condemned to metals
Molten glass that is to be blown or moulded to form objects(R:Knight AM).
A category of rock music encompassing a number of genres (including thrash metal, death metal, heavy metal, etc.) characterized by strong drum-beats and distorted guitars.
(senseid) The substance that constitutes something or someone; matter; hence, character or temper.
(RQ:Shakespeare Much Ado About Nothing) Well, neece, I hope to ſee you one day fitted with a husband. / (smallcaps) Not till God make men of ſome other mettall then earth, would it not grieue a woman to be over-maſtred with a peece of valiant duſt?
The actual airline operating a flight, rather than any of the codeshare operators.
Characterized by strong drum-beats and distorted guitars. (defdate)
2008, Lich King, "Attack of the Wrath of the War of the Death of the Strike of the Sword of the Blood of the Beast", ''Toxic Zombie Onslaught''.
c. 1250, X|Alfonso X, ''Lapidario'', 2r.
- Et es grand marauilla que el fierro que uence todos los otros metales por fortaleza que a en ſi uence lo eſta piedra por ſu ṕṕedat.
- : And it is a great marvel that iron, which defats all other metals due to the strength it has, is defeated by this stone due to its property.
''Idem'', f. 21v.
- Et otroſſi ſi lo mezclan con eſtanno torna negro. ¬ ſi con plata lo mezclan recibe la blancura della ¬ aſſi faz con cada metal.
- : And also, if they mix it with tin it becomes black, and if they mix it with silver it receives whiteness from it, and likewise with every metal.