exact englannista suomeksi
- During the whole time of his abode in the university he generally spent thirteen hours of the day in study; by which assiduity besides an exact dispatch of the whole course of philosophy, he read over in a manner all classic authors that are extant(..)
Precisely or definitely conceived or stated; strict.
''to exact tribute, fees, or obedience from someone''
- He said into them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.
2018, Edo Konrad, "Living in the constant shadow of settler violence", ''+972 Magazine'':
2020 September 19, statement of (w) on the death of (w)https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/09/statements-from-supreme-court-justices-on-the-death-of-justice-ginsburg/:
- She was a superb judge who gave her best and exacted the best from each of us, whether in agreement or disagreement.
2020, Kristine Henriksen Garroway, John W. Martens, ''Children and Methods'' (page 139)
- (..) a generic, strikingly universal, deity, “ha-elohim,” who tests, who exacts and extracts, and who is the object of fear (..)
To make desirable or necessary.
(RQ:Massinger The Maid of Honou)
- My designs exact me in another place.
''to exact revenge on someone''