truth englannista suomeksi
True facts, genuine depiction or statements of reality.
(quote-book)|quotee=(w)|isbn=9781986410328|url=https://books.google.com.sg/books/about/Specimens_of_the_Table_Talk_of_Samuel_Ta.html?id=csRVuAEACAAJ|page=19|pageurl=https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=msYNAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA19|passage=The truth depends on, or is only arrived at by, a legitimate deduction from all the facts which are truly material.
(quote-journal)|archiveurl=http://web.archive.org/web/20181104062306/https://www.economist.com/books-and-arts/2014/06/19/magicians-brain|archivedate=4 November 2018
(quote-journal)|title=How to Be Manipulative
The state or quality of being true to someone or something.
- Alas! they had been friends in youth, / But whispering tongues can poison truth.
A pledge of loyalty or faith.
Conformity to rule; exactness; close correspondence with an example, mood, model, etc.
- Ploughs, (..) to make them go true, (..) depends much upon the truth of the ironwork.
- The process of grinding is, in fact, regarded as indispensable wherever truth is required, yet that of scraping is calculated to produce a higher degree of truth than has ever been attained by grinding.
That which is real, in a deeper sense; spiritual or ‘genuine’ reality.
Something acknowledged to be true; a true statement or axiom.
(quote-book)|title=(w)|oclc=38659585|ol=6087610M|url=https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice|passage=It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
In the game or dare, the choice to truthfully answer a question put forth.
''c.'' 1636 (w), ''(w)''
- Had they ancients dreamt this, they would have truthed it heaven.
To tell the truth.
1966, (w), "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'"
- ''You keep lying, when you oughta be truthin'''