worthy englannista suomeksi
c. 1626, (w), ''The Original, Nature, and Immortality of the Soul''
- This worthy mind should worthy things embrace.
(RQ:Shakespeare Henry 6-2)
- (..) whose shoes I am not worthy to bear.
- The lodging is well worthy of the guest.
c. 1603-1606, (w), ''(w)''
- And put upon him such a deal of man,That worthied him, got praises of the king (..)
1880, Sir Norman Lockyer, ''Nature'':
- After having duly paid his addresses to it, he generally spends some time on the marble slab in front of the looking-glass, but without showing the slightest emotion at the sight of his own reflection, or worthying it with a song.
1908, Edward Arthur Brayley Hodgetts, ''The court of Russia in the nineteenth century'':
- And it is a poor daub besides," the Emperor rejoined scornfully, as he stalked out of the gallery without worthying the artist with a look.
1910, Charles William Eliot, ''The Harvard classics: (w)'':
- No henchman he worthied by weapons, if witness his features, his peerless presence!