secret englannista suomeksi
- To tell our secrets is often folly; to communicate those of others is treachery.
(RQ:Scott Fortunes of Nigel)
(quote-journal)| title=http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/07/obama-apple-google-facebook-tainted-prism Obama's once hip brand is now tainted| magazine=(w)| date=14 June 2013| volume=189| issue=1| page=18| passage=Now we are liberal with our innermost secrets, spraying them into the public ether with a generosity our forebears could not have imagined. Where we once sent love letters in a sealed envelope, or stuck photographs of our children in a family album, now such private material is despatched to servers and clouds operated by people we don't know and will never meet.
''The secret to a long-lasting marriage is compromise.''
Something not understood or known.
(RQ:Milton Paradise Lost)
Being or kept hidden. (defdate)
(RQ:King James Version) our God; but thoſe things which are reuealed belong unto us, and to our children for euer, that wee may doe all the words of this Law.
(RQ:Allingham China Governess)
Withdrawn from general intercourse or notice; in retirement or secrecy; secluded.
- secret in her sapphire cell
Faithful to a secret; not inclined to divulge or betray confidence; secretive, separate, apart.
(RQ:Shakespeare Julius Caesar)
- They suppose two other divine hypostases superior thereunto, which were perfectly secret from matter.
To make or keep secret. (defdate)
1984, Peter Scott Lawrence, Around the mulberry tree, Firefly Books, p. 26
- ... she would unfold the silk, press it with a smooth wooden block that she'd heated in the oven, and then once more secret it away.
1986, InfoWorld, InfoWorld Media Group, Inc.
- Diskless workstations ... make it difficult for individuals to copy information ... onto a diskette and secret it away.
1994, Phyllis Granoff & Koichi Shinohara, Monks and magicians: religious biographies in Asia, Mosaic Press, p. 50
- To prevent the elixir from reaching mankind and thereby upsetting the balance of the universe, two gods secret it away.
''He was so scared for his safety he secreted arms around the house.''