gravy englannista suomeksi
1879, ''The Sunday at Home'', Volume 26, page 342:
- With this the hostess poured two or three spoonfuls of the gravy of the curry on to the rice opposite to each person.
1906, Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society, "Pa Senik and his Son-in-Law Awang", ''Journal of the Straits Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society'', page 59-60:
- Now it seems that Pa Senik was a little deaf. Awang noticed that his father-in-law sometimes poured the gravy of his curry on his rice and that sometimes he sucked it up.
1992, Khammān Khonkhai, ''The Teachers of Mad Dog Swamp''
- This is strained with a piece of cloth or a strainer and the green liquid forms the gravy of the curry.
2007, Geok Boi Lee, ''Classic Asian Noodles'', Marshall Cavendish (ISBN), page 158
- Return flaked fish to curry gravy and bring to the boil.
''The first thousand tickets and the concessions cover the venue and the band. The rest is gravy.''
To make gravy.
1907, Edmond Raymond Moras, ''Autology (Study Thyself) and Autopathy (Cure Thyself)'' (page 67)
- I mean simply this — that the process of canning and preserving or of gravying and saucing frequently removes the most vitally essential acids and salts (..)
2013, Ivan Doig, ''Bucking the Sun'' (page 103)
- Dola and another woman were so busy frying and grilling and buttering and gravying that they didn't even notice Bruce's existence.
(alternative form of)