debate englannista suomeksi
An informal and spirited but generally civil discussion of opposing views.
Discussion of opposing views.
(quote-journal)|title=In the News| passage=Oxygen levels on Earth skyrocketed 2.4 billion years ago, when cyanobacteria evolved photosynthesis:(..). The evolutionary precursor of photosynthesis is still under debate, and a new study sheds light. The critical component of the photosynthetic system is the “water-oxidizing complex”, made up of manganese atoms and a calcium atom.
(RQ:Shakespeare Henry 8) that did debate this business
- He presents that great soul debating upon the subject of life and death with his intimate friends.
To fight. (defdate)
1590, Edmund Spenser, ''The Faerie Queene'', II.viii:
- Well knew they both his person, sith of late / With him in bloudie armes they rashly did debate.
1609, (w), Sonnet 15:
- ... wasteful Time debateth with Decay,
- To change your day of youth to sullied night
To engage in combat for; to strive for.
- Volunteers (..) thronged to serve under his banner, and the cause of religion was debated with the same ardour in Spain as on the plains of Palestine.
(es-verb form of)