God englannista suomeksi
- Hee that loueth not, knoweth not God: for God is loue... God is loue, and hee that dwelleth in loue, dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1740, Samuel Richardson, ''Pamela'', Vol. II, p. 388:
- ...God, the All-gracious, the All-good, the All-bountiful, the All-mighty, the All-merciful God...
1911, Katharine Harris Bradley as Field (author)|Michael Field, ''Accuser'', page 158:
- The Muéddin: God is great, there is no God but God.
Paragraph 73, Queen v Brenton Harrison Tarrant: Sentencing remarks|R v Brenton Harrison Tarrant (Sentencing remarks) (2020 NZHC 2192)
- He (n.b.: a Muslim) has told me that he will not allow one person’s actions to stop him from praying to his God.
2011, Steve Urick, ''Practical Christian Living'', p. 214 ((ISBN)):
- All this will culminate in a final showdown in Israel between the true Lord (Jehovah) God of Israel and the false god (Allah) of Mecca (the center of pagan idolatry in Arabia, at the Kaaba*) ... denotes a note explaning what the Kaaba is.
''Dawn believes in God, but Willow believes in multiple gods and goddesses.''
1899, ''The Sunday School Journal'', page 378:
- God sent Jesus to earth to be the King of the Jews; that is, the one to tell them what they should do. (..) I will tell you why God let Jesus die upon the cross.
2001, Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy, ''Jesus and the Lost Goddess'', page 133:
- The ancients represented this fundamental duality mythologically as God and Goddess. When Mystery looks at itself, God looks at Goddess.
2005, Nikki Bado-Fralick, ''Coming to the Edge of the Circle'', page 45:
- This reduces the successful invocation of God to a function of the presence of male genitalia. Put another way, women have the wrong equipment to invoke God.
- Goddess and God flow throughout all of nature, through each and every man and woman, becoming fully present in the world.
2006, Ronald L. Clark, ''The Grace of Being'', page 22:
- God and Goddess watched as the finite universe continued to develop into a stable platform to sustain finite life and were pleased.
1563, Barnabe Googe, ''Eglogs, Epytaphes, and Sonettes'', sig. Cviiiv:
1911, Katharine Harris Bradley as Field (author)|Michael Field, ''Accuser'', p. 158:
1960 April 25, advertisement in ''Life'', p. 125:
- Perhaps this... must involve a relationship with a God of truth—and of love, of mercy, of justice.
2009, (w), ''The Death of Bunny Munro'', p. 68:
- Whoever said that there isn't a God is full of shit!
(short for): (non-gloss)
*(quote-video game)|title=(w)|location=Redwood City|publisher=Electronic Arts|year=2012|platform=PC|scene=Citadel|oclc=962368035|passage=Admiral Anderson: God... feels like years since I just sat down.
''God, neem me mee naar een plek hier ver vandaan.'' -- Kempi & Willy - Hier Ver Vandaan 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08MDA1szIOs