swallow englannista suomeksi
nielaus, nieleminen, nielaisu
1898, (w), (w) Chapter 4:
- What the liquor was I do not know, but it was not so strong but that I could swallow it in great gulps and found it less burning than my burning throat.
2011, Jonathan Jones, ''The Guardian'', 21 Apr 2011:
- Clothes are to be worn and food is to be swallowed: they remain trapped in the physical world.
- The necessary provision of the life swallows the greatest part of their time.
2010, "What are the wild waves saying", ''The Economist'', 28 Oct 2010:
- His body, like so many others swallowed by the ocean’s hungry maw, was never found.
1920, Katherine Miller (translating Romain Rolland), ''Clerambault''
- this humbug was readily swallowed by men who were supposed to be intelligent,
2011, Madeleine Bunting, ''The Guardian'', 22 Apr 2011:
- Americans swallowed his tale because they wanted to.
(RQ:Pope Iliad) in this, that he swallowed up the honour of those who succeeded him.
The amount swallowed in one gulp; the act of swallowing.