shimmer englannista suomeksi
kimmellys, hohto, kajo
1581, (w) (translator), ''(w),'' Act(nbs)4, in ''Seneca his Tenne Tragedies,'' London: Thomas Marsh, p.(nbs)135,http://name.umdl.umich.edu/A11909.0001.001
- With dusky shimmering wanny globe, her lampe doth pale appeare
1850, (w), ''The Princess: A Medley,'' London: Edward Moxon, 3rd edition, Conclusion, p.(nbs)173,https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.31175035209546&view=1up&seq=193&q1=shimmering
- The shimmering glimpses of a stream
1954, (w), ''(w),'' New York: Ballantine Books, 1973, Book(nbs)2, Chapter(nbs)2, p.(nbs)339,https://archive.org/details/lordofrings0000tolk_k7e8/page/339/mode/1up?q=shimmered
- I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.
2018, (w), ''This Mournable Body,'' Minneapolis: Graywolf Press, Chapter(nbs)22,https://books.google.ca/books?id=SQgzDwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcoverv=onepage&q&f=false
- Pale tourists, tired but excited, emerge like apparitions from the heat haze that shimmers over the tarmac.
1847, (w), ''(w),'' London: Smith, Elder, Volume(nbs)2, Chapter(nbs)10, p.(nbs)254,https://archive.org/details/janeeyreautobiog21bron/page/254/mode/1up?q=shimmer
- I shut the closet, to conceal the strange, wraith-like apparel it contained; which, at this evening hour—nine o’clock—gave out certainly a most ghostly shimmer through the shadow of my apartment.
1922, (w), “María Concepción” in ''Flowering Judas and Other Stories,'' New York: The Modern Library, 1940, p.(nbs)6,https://archive.org/details/floweringjudasot0000port/page/6/mode/1up?q=shimmer
- The hives (..) were scattered towards the back of the clearing, like small mounds of clean vegetable refuse. Over each mound there hung a dusty golden shimmer of bees.
2013, (w), ''(w),'' New York: Vintage, 2014, Chapter(nbs)16, p.(nbs)294,https://archive.org/details/flamethrowers0000kush/page/294/mode/1up?q=shimmers
- He’d aimed film lamps at the rectangular pools, which sent reflections up the gallery wall in veined and fractured shimmers.
2010, Daniel R. Boone, ''The Voice and Voice Therapy'', Pearson College Division ((ISBN))
- As such, perturbation measures can only be derived from vowels, most accurately, sustained vowels or steady-state portions of vowels extracted from connected speech. Two commonly obtained perturbation measures are jitter and shimmer.