conform englannista suomeksi
(RQ:Scott Peveril of the Peak)
1839, Darwin|Charles Darwin, ''The Voyage of the Beagle'', ch. 4:
- By conforming to the dress and habits of the Gauchos, he has obtained an unbounded popularity in the country.
(quote-book)|year=1983|publisher=Knopf|ISBN=0679722106|passage=In any case, most of these sharks are gray or grayish, and they certainly are typical in that they conform to everyone's idea of what a shark is supposed to look like.|page=110
1919, G. Frey|Hildegard G. Frey, ''The Camp Fire Girls Do Their Bit'', ch. 11:
- In height and breadth it conformed to the prescribed measurements laid down by the rules of the contest.
2006 22 Dec., "Judge Cuts Amount of Vioxx Award ," ''New York Times'' (retrieved 7 June 2011):
- A judge in a Texas widow’s lawsuit over the Merck drug Vioxx reduced a $32 million jury award to about $7.75 million on Thursday so that it conformed to state law.
(circa) Swift|Jonathan Swift, "Vanbrugh's House" in ''The Poems of Jonathan Swift'' (1910 edition):
- There is a worm by Phoebus bred,
- By leaves of mulberry is fed,
- Which unprovided where to dwell,
- Conforms itself to weave a cell.
1836, Waldo Emerson|Ralph Waldo Emerson, ''Nature'', ch. 6:
- The sensual man conforms thoughts to things; the poet conforms things to his thoughts.