solicit englannista suomeksi
houkutella laittomuuksiin, yrittää lahjoa
- Did I solicit thee From darkness to promote me?
To persuade or incite one to commit some act, especially illegal or sexual behavior.
(RQ:Milton Paradise Lost) sollicited her longing eye.
(RQ:Locke Human Understandin), Book II, Chapter 1
- Sounds and some tangible qualities fail not to solicit their proper senses, and force an entrance to the mind.
''If you want to lose your virginity, you should try to solicit some fine looking women.''
To offer to perform sexual activity, especially when for a payment.
''My girlfriend tried to solicit me for sex, but I was tired.''
To make a petition.
1628, (w), ''(w)''
- Should / My brother henceforth study to forget / The vow that he hath made thee, I would ever / Solicit thy deserts.
1611-1615, (w), ''(w)'', Book XVI
- Hath any ill solicited thine ears?
(RQ:Dryden Spanish Fryar)
- But anxious fears solicit my weak breast.