attribute englannista suomeksi
ominaisuus, ominaispiirre, attribuutti
lukea jk jkn ansioksi, pitää jtak jkn aiheuttamana, pitää jtak jkn ominaisuutena, pitää jtak jkn tekemänä, lukea jk jkn syyksi
''His finest attribute is his kindness.''
''In the clause "My jacket is more expensive than yours", "My" is the attribute of "jacket".''
''This packet has its coherency attribute set to zero.''
''A file with the read-only attribute set cannot be overwritten.''
''Properties can be marked as obsolete with an attribute, which will cause the compiler to generate a warning if they are used.''
2003, Peter Drayton, Ben Albahari, Ted Neward, ''C in a Nutshell'' (page 536)
- This attribute is used to declare in metadata that the attributed method or class requires SocketPermission of the declared form.
1987, Marcus Berkmann, ''Sceptre Of Bagdad'' (video game review) in ''Your Sinclair'' issue 17
- (..) you can only carry two objects, your attributes clash when you walk past multi-coloured objects and your enemies fly up and down from the ceiling.
1989, ''PC: The Independent Guide to IBM Personal Computers''
- If any of the video buffer's background attribute bits are on, MONO converts the attribute to 70h (inverse video).
To ascribe (something) (m) a given cause, reason etc.
(RQ:Fielding Tom Jones)
''This poem is attributed to Browning.''
- We attribute nothing to God that hath any repugnancy or contradiction in it.
(RQ:Shakespeare All's Well)
2009, (w), ''A History of Christianity'', Penguin 2010, p. 278:
- Hākim's atypical actions should not be attributed to Islam as much as to insanity, which eventually led him to proclaim himself as Allah, whereupon he was murdered by outraged fellow Muslims.