tea englannista suomeksi
1991, (w), ''The Liar'', p. 23:
- Tea was a very special institution, revolving as it did around the ceremony and worship of Toast. In schools where alcohol, tobacco and drugs were forbidden, it was essential that something should take their place as a powerful and public totem of virility and cool. Toast, for reasons lost in time, was the substance chosen.
(syn of), the main evening meal, whether or not it includes tea.
(quote-web)''|title= What do cricketers eat at tea? When is it safe to flush on the train? What's a plujit? |url=https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/jul/29/notes-and-queries-cricketers-teas
1940, (w), ''Farewell, My Lovely'', Penguin 2010, page 103:
- So they were evidence. Evidence of what? That a man occasionally smoked a stick of tea, a man who looked as if any touch of the exotic would appeal to him. On the other hand lots of tough guys smoked marijuana (..).
1946, (w) & al., ''Really the Blues'', Payback Press, 1999, page 74:
- Tea puts a musician in a real masterly sphere, and that's why so many jazzmen have used it.
1947 March 11, (w), letter:
- Here in Texas ''possession'' of tea is a felony calling for 2 years.
2015, Sonya Shuman, ''Doors of the Church Are Open: Smoke & Mirrors by Sonya Shuman'':
- "What's the tea on you and China? Where she at Alicia? You should know where ya baby at."
To drink tea.
To take tea (the light meal).
1877, ''The Bicycling Times and Tourist's Gazette'' (page 38)
- The wind was high and the hills ditto, and both being against us we were late in reaching Hitchin (30 from Cambridge), so giving up the idea of reaching Oxford we toiled on through Luton, on to Dunstable (47), where we teaed moderately (..)
A moment, a historical unit of time from China, about the amount of time needed to quickly drink a traditional cup of tea. It is now found in Chinese-language historical fiction.
a piece of cloth
1326, Antonio López Ferreiro (ed.), ''Galicia Histórica. Colección diplomática''. Santiago: Tipografía Galaica, page 300:
- ''It. mando que todollos lenços delgados et teas de rens que os tome Garcia perez. et que faça delles fazer uestimentas para o altar de Sta Maria.''
- : Item, I command that every fine linen and the clothes of Reims to be taken by Garcia Perez, who should make them into clothes for the altar of Saint Mary