predict englannista suomeksi
1590, E. Daunce, ''A Briefe Discourse on the Spanish State'', 40
- After he had renounced his father's|s bishoprick of Valentia in Spaine... and to attaine by degrees the Maiesty of Caesar|Cesar, was created Duke of that place, gaue for his poesie, ''Aut Cesar, aut nihil''. which being not fauoured from the heauens, had presently the euent the same predicted.
(RQ:Rowling Harry Potter)
2012, (w), "A Palette of Particles" in ''(w)'', Vol. 100, No. 2, p. 146
- The physics of elementary particles in the 20th century was distinguished by the observation of particles whose existence had been predicted by theorists sometimes decades earlier.
1886, ''Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society'', 177. 338
- It is interesting to see how clearly theory predicts the difference between the ascending and descending curves of a dynamo.
1996 June 3, Geoffrey Cowley. ''The biology of beauty'', ''Newsweek''
- For both men and women, greater symmetry predicted a larger number of past sex partners.
1652, J. Gaule, ''Πυς-μαντια the mag-astro-mancer'', 196
- The devil can both predict and make predictors.
1943, L. Cheshire, ''Bomber Pilot'', iii. 57
- They're predicting us now; looks like a barrage.
(past participle of)