vein englannista suomeksi
In leaves, a thickened portion of the leaf containing the bundle.
- He can open a vein of true and noble thinking.
- certain discoursing wits which are of the same veins
- Invoke the Muses, and improve my vein.
- Let the glass of the prisms be free from veins.
1853, (w), ''The Roman Traitor'', Philadelphia: T.B. Peterson, Volume II, Chapter 18, p. 204,https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000436859
- (..) as he ceased from that wild imprecation, a faint flash of lightning veined the remote horizon, and a low clap of thunder rumbled afar off, echoing among the hills (..)
1920, (w), ''The Sleuth of St. James’s Square'', Chapter 14,http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2861/2861-h/2861-h.htm
- “We brought out our maps of the region and showed him the old routes and trails veining the whole of it. (..)”