trip englannista suomeksi
matkustaa, matkustella, matkata
pössytellä, trippailla, tripata
kömmähdys, harha-askel, kompastuminen
a journey; an excursion or jaunt
1918, (w), ''Lost Island''
- I sold my horse and took a trip to Ceylon and back on an Orient boat as a passenger,
an error; a failure; a mistake
1767, (w), ''The amaranth; or, Religious poems''
- Each seeming trip, and each digressive start.
1969, (w), "(w)":
- We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee / We don't take our trips on LSD
intense involvement in or enjoyment of a condition
a mechanical cutout device
a quick, light step; a lively movement of the feet; a skip
a small piece; a morsel; a bit
- a trippe of cheese
(senseid) the act of tripping someone, or causing them to lose their footing
- And watches with a trip his foe to foil.
December 10, 1661, Robert South, ''False Foundations Removed(.)''
- It is the sudden trip in wrestling that fetches a man to the ground.
to over or stumble over an object as a result of striking it with one's foot
''Be careful not to trip on the tree roots.''
to cause (a person or animal) to fall or stumble by knocking their feet from under them
''A pedestrian was able to trip the burglar as he was running away.''
1912, (w), (w), Chapter 5
- Early in his boyhood he had learned to form ropes by twisting and tying long grasses together, and with these he was forever tripping Tublat or attempting to hang him from some overhanging branch.
(RQ:Locke Huma), ''Book III''
- till his tongue trips
(RQ:South 1), "Discourse upon 2 Thessalonians ii.II"
- A blind will thereupon comes to be led by a blind understanding; there is no remedy, but it must trip and stumble.
- Virgil is so exact in every word that none can be changed but for a worse; he pretends sometimes to trip, but it is to make you think him in danger when most secure.
to detect in a misstep; to catch; to convict
''When we get into the factory, trip the lights.''
to be activated, as by a signal or an event
''The alarm system tripped, throwing everyone into a panic.''
''After taking the LSD, I started tripping about fairies and colors.''
to journey, to make a trip
''Last summer we tripped to the coast.''
to move with light, quick steps; to walk or move lightly; to skip
(RQ:Dryden Hind and Panthe)
- She bounded by, and tripped so light / They had not time to take a steady sight.
to raise (an anchor) from the bottom, by its cable or buoy rope, so that it hangs free
to become unreasonably upset, especially over something unimportant; to cause a scene or a disruption
(quote-song)|title=What's a Pimp?|year=2003|album=Married to the Game|passage=If she ain't with it, I find another little chickI'm quick to switch, even when I was sixI had a backup bitch, when my bitch would tripI'd go play with my other girlfriend and get me a kissAnd at the age of thirty-six I'm to the same old tricks
of or relating to trips
A motion in a dance.
1989, ''National Mid-week''
- May asawa at anak ang lalaki, pero trip niya ang mamboso at mambastos sa telcpono. Ginagamit ng lalaki ang ... ang mensahe ng pelikula. Ang problema ay nakaka-depress dahil mahirap labanan nang ganoon ang lalaking sira ang ulo.
- : The man has a wife and a son, but he has the stupid idea of harassing and flirting with women on the telephone. The man uses passages from movies. The problem is depressing because it's difficult to fight such an stupid man.
1998, Honorio Bartolome De Dios, ''Sa Labas Ng Parlor'', University of Philippines Press ((ISBN))
- Siguro nga napapayag mo siya, pero, nilasing mo &39;yung tao, e. Hindi ko siya nilasing. Pareho kaming lasing n&39;ung gabing &39;yun. Arnold, kilala ko ang kumpare ko. Matagal na kaming magkasama niyan. Ang trip talaga niyan &39;pag lasing, sex.
- : You possible enticed her, but, you made the person drunk, don't you? I didn't made her drunk. We're both drunk that night. Arnold, I know my buddies. We've been together for long. What she thinks when drunk is sex.
2008, Khavn De La Cruz, Khavn, ''Ultraviolins'', UP Press ((ISBN)), page 182:
- Wala, trip ko lang, wala lang akong magawa. May reklamo ka? Ako wala. Wala akong pakialam sa yo at sa kung ano mang iniisip mo. Bakit sa SM? Kase. Kase pareho ng initials ko. Yun lang.
- : Nothing, just my stupid idea, 'coz I have nothing to do. Any problems? I have none. I don't mind you and anything you thing. Why in SM? Coz. Coz it's the same initials as mine. Just that.