toy englannista suomeksi
- he had deflowered the abbess, and as many besides of the nuns as he could, and leaves him withal rings, jewels, girdles, and such toys to give them still, when they came to visit him.
A simple, light piece of music, written especially for the virginal. (defdate)
1590, (w), ''The Faerie Queene'', I.i:
- Then seemed him his Lady by him lay, / And to him playnd, how that false winged boy, / Her chast hart had subdewd, to learne Dame pleasures toy.
(RQ:Burton Melanchol), vol.1, III.i.2:
- Though they do talk with you, and seem to be otherwise employed, and to your thinking very intent and busy, still that toy runs in their mind, that fear, that suspicion, that abuse, that jealousy ….
(RQ:Spenser Faerie Queene)
- What if a toy take 'em i'th' heels now, and they all run away.
- Nor light and idle toys my lines may vainly swell.
2009, Gregory J. Snyder, ''Graffiti Lives: Beyond the Tag in New York's Urban Underground'' (page 40)
- It is incorrect to say that toys tag and masters piece; toys just do bad tags, bad throw-ups, and bad pieces.
2011, Adam Melnyk, ''Visual Orgasm: The Early Years of Canadian Graffiti'' (page 45)
- I was a toy until I met Sear, who moved here from Toronto and showed me the book Subway Art.
An old story; a silly tale.
A toy (gloss).
2013, Jonathan Everest, ''Lady Loverly's Chattel''
- He could see her hand go to her slit, and soon she was toying herself along, breathing heavily.