till englannista suomeksi
1854, Prof. John Wilson, ''The Genius and Character of Burns'', p.194 (Google preview):
- Similar sentiments will recur to everyone familiar with his writings all through them till the very end.
(quote-book)| year=1599| author=(w) (attributed)| passage=She, poor bird, as all forlorn / Lean'd her breast up-till a thorn / And there sung the dolefull'st ditty, / To to hear it was great pity.
(quote-book)| chapter=The Outlaw Murray| year=1838| passage=For a king to gang an outlaw till / Is beneath his state and his dignitie.
To, toward (in attitude).
1902, John Buchan, ''The Outgoing of the Tide''
- And then she changed her voice and would be as saft as honey: 'My puir wee Ailie, was I thrawn till ye? Never mind, my bonnie. You and me are a' that's left, and we maunna be ill to ither.'
To make it possible that.
1953?, (w), ''(w)''
- VLADIMIR: Together again at last! We'll have to celebrate this. But how? (He reflects.) Get up till I embrace you.
Until, until the time that.
''Maybe you can, maybe you can't: you won't know till you try.''
(RQ:King James Version)
1846, Edward Lear, ''The Book of Nonsense'':
- She twirled round and round, / Till she sunk underground, (..)
1912, anonymous, ''Punky Dunk and the Mouse'', P.F. Volland & Co.:
- And the Mouse sat and laughed till he cried.
A removable box within a cash register containing the money.
''Pull all the tills and lock them in the safe.''
''My count of my till was 30 dollars short.''
(RQ:King James Version) God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
To cultivate soil.
*(quote-book)|The Shepherd's Pipe|passage=Nor knowes a trappe nor snare to till
glacial drift consisting of a mixture of clay, sand, pebbles and boulders
(alternative form of)
to return, come back
''Välkommen till Sverige!''
Welcome to Sweden!
''Ge den till mig.''
Give it to me.
''Vi behöver två till fem nya datorer.''
We need two to five new computers.
''en bra TV till ett bra pris''
a good TV for a good price
''Vad vill du ha till middag?''
What do you want for dinner?
''en present till min syster''
a present for my sister
''pengar till resan''
money for the trip
''Jag tar mjölk till mitt kaffe''
I take milk with my coffee
another; in addition